Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 3 months ago

How do we move to Florida?

Okay im a single mom with 3 kids. Went to Disney once 20 years ago. I love the palm trees and sunshine.It's so cool. they kids never been to Disney it be so much we go all th e time. 


How do I transfer my food stamps and welfare down?

8 Answers

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    You don’t transfer any state benefits you currently have.  You must qualify under Florida’s requirements.  And anyone on benefits can’t afford to go to Disney, let alone ‘ all the time’. 

  • 3 months ago

    If you want to hide being a troll, don't add the update you did.

  • 3 months ago

    You either need to have enough in savings to live off while you look for a job orfind a job before you move that will support your family.

  • MS
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    You need to find a job before you move.  Then you find a place to live that you can afford with that job.  You will have to reapply for food stamps and welfare AFTER you move.  You cannot transfer them.  

    It's also not all "palm trees and sunshine" down there all the time.  It rains a lot.  It's humid in the summer.  There's a risk for hurricanes.

    I doubt you'll be going to Disney all the time if you're on food stamps and welfare.  FL residents don't get discounts on single-day tickets - just multiday tickets and annual passes.  And those are still pricey, even with the discount.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    If your finances are so poor that you're on welfare, it's not going to happen.  

    The prices are incredibly high, the food expensive, the parking fees are now high and the houses anywhere near the parks equally expensive.Your best chance is to get a very well-paid job, save up and maybe in a few years you could have enough to afford a few day trips to the parks.

  • 3 months ago

    You cannot "transfer" food stamps or welfare.  You have to cancel them in the state where you have them now and then apply in your new state AFTER you move there.  You cannot start the process before you move.  You need to be living there when you apply.

    Also, if you are poor enough to get food stamps and welfare, then you won't be able to afford to take the kids to Disney.  It's now about $100 per person per day.

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    1.  Find a job, so you know where exactly to move to that will be convenient for the job.

    2.  Find out what housing prices are like, find a reputable agent and find an apartment or home.  Make the necessary deposits and sign and return paperwork.3.  Rent a moving truck.4.  Load up moving truck and drive.

  • 3 months ago

    First call a moveing truck 2 put all your boxes in the truck 3rd MOVE THARE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.