Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

How to succeed for a cashier interview?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

There is no difference in principle between an interview for a job as a cashier and an interview for a job as CEO of a major international company.

You turn up on time, clean and neatly dressed clothing suitable for the job, you greet everyone in the room with a smile and a general "Hello; good morning!", you sit down without dropping gloves and shopping bags all over the place, and you look pleasant and alert.

You answer the questions they ask you, and you show that you've taken the trouble to find out something about the company and its general place in the economy. When they ask if YOU have any questions, be prepared with two or three that indicate interest and willingness (not, for example, "How early can I leave the office every day?" and don't ever sit there going "Um, er, don't know".

At the end, get up, smile round the room, say "Thank you very much; goodbye" and LEAVE.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

just be friendly

• 4 weeks ago

I have been failing and that is the only job position I can attain for the rest of my life

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Dress conventionally and conservatively. Speak clearly. Look at the interviewer's face and greet him/her at the start of the interview. Look at the interviewer's face and thank him/her at the end of the interview. Use "Sir" or "Ma'am" in addressing the interviewer. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Dress smartly, be clean, tidy and wear a smile.

Have a copy of your resume/CV handy, be polite, friendly and professional.

Answer their questions and be ready to ask at least one question back to them - like about hours, breaks, overtime, health and safety, etc.

Make sure you know a bit about the company and its ethos.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Bring plenty of change and try to sell something to the interviewer. If he or she happens to have cash make up some odd price like $4.20 if they give you a five dollar bill hand back eighty cents.

• donnie
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I would watch interview videos online 

• 4 weeks ago

i would just try to be friendly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.