What’s the difference between play and work that’s fun? Both involve exertion and both are fun?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Work is the transactional game adults play with each other.  But play can be immature too and still be within a working transaction.  In fact that is what makes it all so interesting. There is nothing like work that is fun too.  

• 4 weeks ago

I look at it this way: play is the reward you get after you work hard. 

• When you enjoy your work, it is fun.  So when choosing a profession for yourself, you must seek within to find what makes you really happy to accomplish.  This is when you are in your element.

Regardless the income or random difficulties, if you feel Good about your work, you are content. Life is Good and work seems effortless - for the most part.  :D

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

When you're totally immersed in what you're doing, work and play are one and the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

That is the difference between consumption and provision.

It has been forgotten by mass production and electronic / informatization, but in the world where it originally exists, the same number is needed.

Enjoy the world where they are established.

• 4 weeks ago

Fun is interesting. It's hard to have fun working but it's also hard to have fun without working. I had fun as an amateur actor only because I took it seriously and worked hard on the plays. The philosopher Alan Watts said that when he lived on the California coast he could see a marina where rich people kept their yachts. He noticed that these yachts, obviously very expensive, were never taken out. The owners would just have parties on them, there at the marina. The only way to enjoy a yacht is to take the time and trouble to learn the skills of sailing. To have fun, you have to work hard.

• 4 weeks ago

Someone, might have been Mark Twain, said something like work is what you are obliged to do - play is what you are not - sounds right.

• 1 month ago

You only get payed for one.

• Adam
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No work no play..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You get paid for one and not the other.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.