If I identify with a certain group do I have to adhere to its values lest I be called fake or a hypocrite?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You’re best keeping such desire to yourself my friend zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's cultural appropriation and evil. Unless you're a man identifying as a woman-- then she's a bigot for not letting you wave your d!ck around in the women's locker room.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Do not join a group that would accept you as a member.

• 1 month ago

Photographers don't generally have multiple groups. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What has this question to do with photography?

• 1 month ago

to identify with them would mean you share some of their values or beliefs or some other trait but not necessarily all of them

• 1 month ago

This is the problem with groups.

They usually start out with good intentions, before complications arise.

Once politics and conflicts of interests set in, a group typically requires it's members to show their loyalty by all agreeing that it is the committing of lies and committing of wrongs that bring them together.

A person that lives by their principles and finds themselves constantly complaining about the groups deviancy is in serious danger of being outcast by the clique that have deviated so far from their original goals that outcasting people is now something this nasty group of individuals do regularly, because being part of a clique means cult mentality is now setting in, and the goals of the cult are the only thing that matter and above everything else in importance.

Most groups end up going this way.

Instead you are probably better being part of a community with a wide array of multi-cultural options available that you can use and frequent in little slices of moderation, rather than getting involved in a "group".

In a community you also have the support of individuals from all different backgrounds and walks of life that will eventually have to deal with the group.

• 1 month ago

Only if you aspire to become an officer or an influencer within the group. Otherwise you should just do your best to abide by its values. Those that would call you a hypocrite are probably the worst hypocrites of all.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To "identify" with a certain group means that its values adhere to you, are a reflection of who you are, not vice versa. They're not identifying with you; you're identifying with them. If the group's values differ from yours, then you know longer identify with them. Now you can identify "as" something you're not, which is a pretense, but you can't identify "with" something you're not because "with" means that you're actually together in identity.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To a certain extent. Context is everything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.