My lady can work a clutch probably better than I can. Should I feel threatened?

I taught her to speed-shift, and she never grinds the gears 

Favorite Answer

No - be proud!!!

My wife can drive a clutch - but not as well as me, and she prefers an automatic.

The only time I grind gears sometimes is going from second to third if I don't keep the clutch in for long enough.

don't be a dumbass, be proud of her and encourage her

• Phil M

Not unless she said she will beat you up over it.

why do you feel threatened that a woman has a more natural disposition to this skill than you? People do stuff differently and it's not like women are dumb monkeys that are inferior to men.

This person close to you is your equal and potentially other half. Halves are equal and there are offsets that balance out. TBH I'd be excited and have her drive more than me.

You are obviously threatened without her doing anything!  It's all in YOUR head!

Feel threatened IF she wants to break up over just that. Otherwise, thank your stars she takes directions better than you do. Spend a day practicing using the clutch. Speed shifting isn't so necessary if the car has enough power and is in good enough tune to easily move in and out of traffic. On the other hand, neither of you will ever be better than Shirley Muldowney.

you taught to speed shift ??  yet your rubbish at the clutch !!mmm

Heavens no. You're a lucky man if your lady know how to work out on a stick.

• Barry

No. Just accept that she is a better driver than you.

Yes you should. You are less of a man.