Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 weeks ago

Ladies! Am I the only one who's feet feels better when I'm wearing heels than when I'm not?

It's almost like my feet prefer to wear heels. I wore them for most of my first twenty years. Then whenever I take breaks from wearing them. My feet kill me. Though when I wear them again. My feet feel great. 

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like acquired calf (muscle) shortening, a deformity of the calf muscles most often caused by prolonged wearing of high heeled shoes. The muscles of your legs gradually deform into "high heel position" so much so that the legs muscles can no longer tolerate wearing flats. This can be corrected with calf stretching exercises. 

I strongly urge you to do these exercises, to correct the deformity. It's important to be able to walk in comfort without needing to wear special shoes such as high heels. If you can't walk normally, this will lead to not only our foot and lower leg muscles being deformed but to problems and issues with your spine. That is, if you walk funny it will mess up your back and neck. The problems with back and neck will lead to headaches and other issues. 

Work on correcting your gait (the way your walk) NOW, while it's a do-it-yourself project. Neglect this, and it will get so bad you'll need physical therapy (painful) or even surgery (yikes!) to get your body back to a normal healthy condition. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/tight-calves

Source(s): I am a Registered Nurse.

I doubt very much you're a woman and that you have worn heels for 20 years. 

• kelvin

nope just you.......