Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Freezing up can't poop while others are near or in the bathroom what is going on ??

My girlfriend thinks it is weird that I can't poop in the bathroom while she standing at the door speaking to me or she is in there.  I have explained to me the bathroom is private thing I don't care if we are boyfriend, girlfriend, brothers, sisters, married etc.  She asked me why and if I was ever abuse sexually as a child.   I have told her no several times, I just can't do it.  If we are out in public I always look for bathroom where one person at a time uses it for that very reason.  I can make myself urinate which is the off thing but poop forget about it I close up and can't do it. 

• ron h

I feel exactly like you.  I can piss out doors or use a trough urinal.  I don't care who's close by or could see me.  But a dump?  No. You're not the only one.  Tell her that even in public bathrooms with trough urinals, the toilets have stalls.  This is not YOUR problem.  She needs to respect that you need a couple of minutes of privacy.  When I suspect that my wife is taking a poo, I go to another part of the house b/c that's what I want when I'm doing it. 

We are sorry you can't poop in a group.

• Marc

There are some core principles when it comes to relationships. One of them is to stay in your lane. You have a thing about this and its your thing. Its not good or bad. And its really none of her business. You have made a request and its not being respected.  You have a chice. Live with it and love it, Live with it and hate it or leave it.  She is not staying in her lane.  Simple

• Tavy

It's not weird it's normal. It's your girlfriend who's weird, no one stands in the bathroom while someone is having a poo or a pee.

Shut the door and lock it.