every year during winter time there's an excuse why there can be no heating?

We are told it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY to keep warm during winter times. Which is true to an extent. But a management team is responsibile for the welfare of staff. They keep the store temp at 19 degree celcius - the absolute lowest they are allowed. I get EXTREMELY irritable, low mood, anxious, uncontrollable hands and feet, and bitchy when it's cold. How should I approach this? I've contacted the union about it previously. I fear that over December that we're just going to get frozen again. In the past we were literally forced to wear coats if we needed. Is this even ******* legal?

we have specific uniforms tailored to customer service so do one

19 is not very cold.  If you aren't comfortable at that temperature, then dress more warmly or find another job.

• Maxi

"They keep the store temp at 19 degree celcius - the absolute lowest they are allowed." So they are following the law on minimum level, so the rest is up to you, treat yourself to insulated long johns and t shirt which should keep you warm

• Eva

That isn't ridiculously cold. That's the same temp as a nice summer night.  Wear warm socks and fingerless mitts if your hands and feet get cold. Put on a sweater. You may be one of those people that's oversensitive to temperature, but there's no reason your hands and feet should be "uncontrollable" at that temperature. Perhaps you should see a doctor to see if you have a thyroid or other medical issue that is causing your extreme sensitivity.

You should just quit and/or get a better attitude.

They make long johns, coats & gloves.  Are those just too much for you?