Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why is life so cruel?

I'm 23, I just lost my job due to Covid 19 pandemic and now Im running out of money and struggling than ever, surprisingly, nobody ever wants to help me financially, even my parents won't care about me anymore, so I must do something to survive but I don't know how to start again, and just a few weeks ago, my only best friend that I've known him for 8 years just threw me under the bus and now Im starting to feel both poor and lonely what should I do?

If you were good enough life would be better

Get out on the street and dance for nickels

Thing will get better. They always do and sometimes for the better.

Be strong and make the most of what little you have, life is always worth 

making the most of even when things get tough. We don't get another go.

• alana

Life is tough and then we die. That is what I was taught. I went to work  supporting myself about   14 not fully but  bought my clothing and  any  other things  I wanted.  I worked all my life standing on my feet   10 hours a day.  I did not become rich just paid the bills  and had a little extra for  my kids for holidays and vacation.  I think the worst  thing people can do is build up great expectations.  I do believe if you work really hard you can achieve most anything you have the  given talent to do.   I would say go to work and earn money. Amazon is always hiring and pay decent pay.   You will work hard and most likely over night but it is a start and then you have money again  to work with and build on. Good luck  to you  life is not really cruel it is how you view it that makes it so.

• Robert

I have to wonder what the other side of the story is.  You say your friend threw you under the bus?  What does that mean?   If you did something to make him not want to help you, I'd consider what that was.  Also what makes your parents reluctant to help.  That seems unusual unless you have a history of being needy and making poor choices.  "Nobody ever wants to help me financially"   I wonder why.    But disregarding that and moving forward your only choice is to cut expenses to the bone.  You eliminate all that fun stuff you have been overspending on (just a guess) and start looking for work.  The thing you must understand is that there is work out there.  I may not be what you want, but it's there UPS is looking for 50,000 people for seasonal help.  And yeah, I don't want to work on a loading dock either, but I would if I had to.  And so will you.  

First sign up for unemployment benefits.  Next you need to start pounding the pavement to find another job. As far as your loneliness, I suggest finding some local chat sites where you can kill some time and perhaps find new friends. It's hard to find friends the older you get but with the internet many people can find others in the same situation as themselves. Good luck my friend,  I wish I could do more to help.

Take a job Any job and deal with what life throws at you. 

" Fall down 8 times get up 9" Confucius 

You whine a little bit more, because we don't care either

I'd start by looking for a job if I were in your position .