Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Is it true that most women do not wash their hands when playing with dogs? I read it at the quora, but I didn't know it was a great majority?

I read, that they say it is right thing to do wash our hands before playing with the dog / cat, and after though ... but I read at quora and in surveys, which say that the overwhelming majority, especially women, don't have the habit towashing hands when playing with dogs, even yours or  colleagues dogs, from the street etc ... I don't think it's a majority, but I think it's a little unhygienic. My dog, for example, he's clean and fluffy and I wash it anyway, so as not to contaminate it. But don't you really wash?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

They dont wash after they poop either

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know about other people, but I don't wash my hands before or during playing with dogs. Afterwards, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

• garry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

could be true after all there that dumb ..

• 4 weeks ago

Well it is true in my case.   If I washed my hands everytime I interacted at all with my dogs I would think of myself as that paranoid that I shouldn't have them. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No I do not wash my hands before I mess with the dogs.  sometimes I wash hands after messing with the dogs.  I know I cannot get any disease from my dogs cause my dogs are well cared for & the dirt on them comes from my own yard.  I have a very strong immune system cause I am not careful about washing hands. I can eat french fries & a hamburger with greasy hands from auto repair. & I know exactly what is in my garden soil & am not afraid of anything there.  I am afraid of this virus & am counting on my immune system to keep me safe.  A little bit of dirt won't hurt anyone.

• 4 weeks ago

i guess if your living with a dog it would be dumb to wash your hands 24/7. Im a girl, i dont have a dog, but every time i do touch an animal i always wash my hands and every one i know does. 

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If I washed my hands every time they touched one of our dogs, I wouldn't have any skin left, or time to do anything else! At this point, I am almost continually with my dogs, and one of them is almost always touching me or right next to me. There are very few illnesses which can be passed from dogs to people or vice versa, these interactions are very low risk. 

I don't generally play with or touch dogs "from the street", and yes, I wash my hands after touching someone else's dogs. I wash my hands when I get a dog's saliva on them, after using the bathroom, before eating, and before, during, and after food preparation, as well as other times when it's needed (such as when I get home from running an errand, after gardening, etc.). 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I doubt you can trust any source who says" most" about anything. There's over 300 million people in this country and no matter how scientific they say their polling is there's no way they can definitely say what most people do, especiallywhen they poll 2500 people. Perhaps 60 or 70 years ago polls may have been more reliable, but now it's just propaganda. 

• 4 weeks ago

These days I'm CONTINUALLY washing my hands, not just after playing, or touching my dog.   I have no idea who would have done this survey, or where.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They say most people don't even wash their hands when they leave the bathroom. They kiss without caring ... they're the ones who bring diseases to the dog and not the other way around!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.