Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 4 weeks ago

Why do alot of musicians use drugs and die from them?

Favorite Answer

The dying part of your question is easy to answer.  Because overdosing will kill you, plain and simple.  If you overdose on any drug, especially if it's a powerful drug, you might die.  Now to the other part, why they use drugs...

I think it's because they want to replicate the feeling of playing live.  I'm a rock star myself, not famous (just almost famous) and definitely not rich, and I've been there and done the rock star thing many times.  Without exaggeration, I can say that playing live and hearing the audience (whether it's thee or 3,500 people) cheer is an emotional / adrenaline rush that feels amazing.  It's like having really good sex, maybe even better in some ways, and just as personal.

When professional rock stars finish their show and come off stage, they're buzzed and elated by the response of the audience.  But then the show is over, and the rush is gone.  They want to keep that amazing feeling going, because it really is amazing, so they turn to the next best thing.  It starts with booze and weed, but sooner or later they need something stronger.  Then they need something stronger, because it's a long ride / night in another hotel room until the next gig.  The drugs and their doses have to get stronger and stronger, and eventually the best thing the drugs can do is get the user to normal.  That's when the overdoses happen.

For some, it is the first time they've had money, and combined with a grueling life on the road playing shows every night, they will turn to drugs to keep them going.

They may just need a 'pick me up' at first, but it can turn into full-blown drug addiction so fast they don't realize it.

The lucky ones have people around them who can convince them they need help, and get into rehab.  The not-so-lucky ones have people around them who either don't care, or actively help them into their graves.

Mainly because they have so much money, And had anything they want drugs seem the only thing left for them, It is so sad too.

They were probably influenced to do drugs by their frenemies and/or they were troubled to begin with.  

They are people. And many people in our society are drug users. They do not use drugs because they are musicians but because they are members of the current society. Drug use is rampant in many countries around the world.  Many ordinary people are using them. 

I believe we humans are evolving and are supposed to be using our drugs, It's a mere mortal man, who was so up himself, as to consider he has the right "above God" to banish all mind-enhancing naturally grown God-given substances from our planet? 

The considerable damage this 'unjustified interference with nature is causing is very evident today and will continue to increase in severity as long as man continues to prevent his own natural evolution. Question is- Is this draconian law held on to tenaciously in an attempt to maintain control of the masses, or is man interfering with nature in ignorance? when warning us about the extremely dangerous destructive cannabis plant he baned 'did he know it was man's safest medicine?

The despicable laws and lack of responsible regulation not only creates many otherwise law-abiding citizens to be classed as criminals but inevitably causes all sorts of problems often resulting in death.

• Kathy

They get hooked on them for any number of reasons.

They use drugs for entertainment. Those that die usually didn't intend it.

Sandy already gave the best answer so I will just say I agree with her/him/it.

• Sandy

there's nobody to tell you no. in fact musicians are surrounded by bad influencers and enablers. some musicians play, sing and write better on drugs, so they are supplied with whatever they want. Alcohol and women too.