Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Should I End This Friendship?

We’re in our 20s. Females. She moved to my state and I helped her find a job & I introduced her to some friends from highschool (I don’t feel resonance with them anymore), but she hangs out with them. She’s pretty, I am too. But she does get attention which bothers me. Maybe I’m a little jealous. But also, her whole style & thoughts have been influenced by me. She seems to have been sheltered her whole life &a didn’t have much of a personality when I met her. I just needed a friend but she has literally nothing offer me as a person. I have helped her move to my state pretty much and made her life easier. But what do I gain in return? Not much. Sure we have some good laughs sometimes & I have someone to call to go with me somewhere if I need. But I do feel jealous she hangs out with all of my old friends & gets attention. I would rather be alone & meet new people that I feel are on my level, then just have “friends” who drink a lot and are stupid.  Because I’m beautiful & also way more intellectual/ mature/ spiritual & have experienced a lot more depth. I feel like I want to end this friendship.... what should I do?  

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It sounds like your interests may have changed over the years. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. It may just be that you are at a different place in life. If you are having difficulty getting along with your friend then it may not be the healthiest relationship for the two of you at this time, 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.