Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Is this being immature?!?

So I am leaving my college town next week to go home. I honestly don’t like it up here because I’m almost 4 hours away and I feel like there’s no life for me up here. 

Yesterday my roommate had her bf over and I knew this and they cooked and made a pie and everything which was fine by me even though they used my side of the fridge for the pie and moved my food which is also fine I’m just petty. My roommate asked me if I wanted to come eat with them. And I said later because I was studying and  came out an hour later. 

I wasn’t dressed and was in lounge clothes with no bra and her boyfriend came out her room at the exact same time and it was awkward. I told him I wasn’t dressed and said it in a nice way and he just looked and went back in the room and shut the door without saying anything. Today she asked me to decorate a Christmas tree and I’m still a little upset and we’re really close and she’s been going places and dosent even offer for me to go. I told her later because I have a quiz to take which I do but I don’t plan on bringing it up especially because I asked her to do something a few days ago and she said this weekend we could and she never brought it up again and just wanted to decorate a Christmas tree today instead. I’m not trying to be petty or avoidant but I’m just honestly annoyed by everything lol including her and her inconsiderance but I don’t want to seem like I’m being immature or anything. What do you think?

i'm SUUUUUUper confused. What are you even asking? Like I literally read this twice and I don't know wtf you are talking about. jesus christ

• T J

Looks like you need to transfer to a school close to home.

• Embery

There is no way in hell a man was making a pie.

Yes, it's being immature. And oversensitive. And rude. If you knew her boyfriend was in the house and you would feel embarrassed meeting him when you were undressed, then why didn't you get dressed before leaving your room? They asked you to eat with them, eat the food they provided, and you blew them off by saying later. If you didn't want to eat their food for some reason, you could have said 'no, thank you'. Wandering out to eat their food, expecting it to be there whenever you get around to it is rude.

'Later' says 'I couldn't be bothered to alter my plans a little in order to accept your invitation'. Same for the Christmas tree decorating. If someone asks you to do something with them and you would like to do it but can't because you have something else you have to do at the time they suggest, then the polite response is 'I'd love to, but I can't do it today because I have a test to take (or whatever), but would tomorrow be possible?'. No wonder she never asks you to go anywhere if those are the replies she gets when she asks.