John Hopkins University keeps emailing me is that a sign to submit an application?

I’ve gotten so many emails from John Hopkins University telling me to apply easily decision, 14 since September. And i’ve only gotten emails from colleges in my area and like a couple state schools next to my state but I haven’t gotten any from prestigious colleges. So it’s kind of suspicious, I’m not sure if they are sending them out to everyone or to people they want at their school. I’m an A-/B+ student so like that’s not even that good I feel like you would need a 3.95/4.0 to get in that school. 

Not really. You probably opted in (or didn't opt out) to receive college advertisements when you took the PSAT or SAT. You get on college mailing lists.

All it means is that your SAT or PSAT score is within the range that Hopkins will send ads to (which is not, necessarily, the SAT score that they'll require for admissions. And, as you realize, GPA plays a large role too). 

So apply to Hopkins if 1. you think you have a chance, and 2. you want to go there, but don't take their emails as any kind of sign you'll be accepted. 

And please don't take the lack of emails from other colleges as a sign you *won't* be accepted. It's sort of arbitrary whether you'll be picked for a list. Despite a pretty high SAT score, I received a single brochure, and that from a low-ranked state college (not even the flagship university), and I got into an Ivy League university. Many of my friends with lower SAT scores got a gazillion brochures, and didn't get in to any of the colleges that sent them. 

• drip

It is a blanketed email. Sent out to many students. No they do not necessarily want you.

Unsubscribe 

• fcas80

It's not foolproof, but their email addresses are x@jhu.edu

If you're not interested, just unsubscribe or ask to be removed.

If you're interested, apply at your convenience.

Not unless you really want to.  This is a blast email based on a list that JH purchased.  They don't actually know who you are or anything about you.  Maybe you checked a box on some form or SAT registration that asked if you wanted to hear from some schools.

As with emails from any university, this is just marketing.  They are saying that they know your academic record and will admit you.  Some schools, not saying JH, send out these emails to get higher applications numbers so their acceptance rate seems more selective.