How much salt are you supposed to put into apple pie ?

I have ner put salt into an apple pie, and others must have found it ok, because they never added it, when it's served.

• GB

I have never put salt into an apple pie, and others must have found it ok, because they never added it, when it's served. 

I find it pathetic that someone else has just copied and pasted my answer, even down to keeping an original typo.

I only put salt in the dough and the quantity depends on if I'm using salted or unsalted butter.  Maybe 1/2 tsp if unsalted butter.  Maybe none if it's salted butter.

• garry

only the pastry has salt , they use sugar , apples and topiaco as a  filling ..

i think that is suppossed to be sugar

• kswck2

Just a pinch, no more than you can pick up with two or three fingers. 

A pinch, about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon in both the crust and the filling. 

For a scratch apple pie you would add no more than 1/4 tsp. of salt. Just enough to brighten the flavors but not enough to make the pie taste bad.

• CB

A Pinch is all I have ever seen.

If any recipe calls for it, it's usually a pinch or NO MORE than a 1/4 teaspoon. Salt is used to both accentuate and cut down the sweetness in a dessert.