Is that true, that the SCOTUS has said that a President must be decided on Nov 3 In CA our ballots must be POSTMARKED by Nov 3?

I think that must be in error because the election in 2000, had the issue ion Florida with the "hanging chads" and it took awhile.

I KNOW the Nov 3 postmark is correct because I just spoke tot he R-of-V in San Diego this AM.

I will say that my ballot has not yet arrived in the mail.

So, I may have to vote in person.  I WILL vote.  But, if I am having such a difficult time getting mine, I wonder about other people.

Anyone else have trouble?

@Michael, oh yeah, I hear you, for sure, and we don't EVER get to decide the President anyway, but that is why it is more important than ever that we vote for our local people.

@Nutonher Phace  Yeah, it seems like SOME people are making up the rules as they go along!

I asked because it has been a good many decades since I had Civics but I sure don't remember that the SCOTUS decides it.  I do think that states are deciding what is acceptable (CA said POTMARK Nov 3) and I am not sure I like that idea at all.  Blue states allowing 17 days past election day ????  Yeah, so they can bring out all the hijacked illegal ballots they hid away????

@ Steven Weinstein, 

Yeah, in CA, it just has to be postmarked by the 3rd.  I will say that it would be good if all states could have a similar viewpoint on it when it deals in FEDERAL elections, but I realize that there can be extenuating circumstances, weather, special conditions, etc., so that can affect it.

Glad to hear that the idea the MSM floated out there about that is incorrect.

No.  SCOTUS said that if a state wishes, that state can require that ballots be received by November 3.  But it is up to each state, and California has not chosen to make that rule.

In AssaSoda, the courts have now ruled that the ballots need to be delivered by erection day.  Decided this yesterday.  F on you if you mailed it from the sticks yesterday.  Can't vote now, that would a viorate the raw.  You rack a dish a prinn!!

I’m fairly confident we don’t need to wait until November 3 to figure out who won California.