Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 4 weeks ago

Should I quit singing?

I released and album recently and I been trying out doing covers for songs. I get compliments on my singing , but it’s mostly only be from guys and I think that’s just because they think I’m attractive. I never really get feedback but then this one person told me I can’t sing and that I should quit. And that comment got a lot of likes and I know this sound stupid but what’s the point of making music if no one wants to hear it . 

I agree - post on YouTube or someplace that we can hear you.  I taught Voice and choral music for over 30 years in the schools of NY state, and ran a professional chamber music and wedding business for as many years. I also adjudicated thousands of singers and instrumentalists in state competition for decades.  So - as are many other professional here - I am highly qualified to assess what you are doing. But for you to spend  money on making albums, etc. with the thought that they will sell - well, that is another matter entirely.

If you post yourself singing, I'll listen and tell you what I think.