Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Is U2 one of the worst rock bands ever?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and so are the Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Rolling Stones, Yes, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath. They are the absolute worst. They are all grossly overrated.  The Bee Gees, Village People, Air Supply and Madonna are a lot better than U2. Even the Partridge Family band is better than U2. Music critics voted The Joshua Tree as the best album of the 1980s. They don't know what they are talking about. It must be Payola. 

• 4 weeks ago

At one time they were actually a really good band (although not really 'rock') but they got lost along the way.

• 4 weeks ago

Nope. Have you ever heard of Imagine Dragons?!?

• 1 month ago

Not even close.  I was a member of one of the worst rock bands ever (no really, we were terrible), and we didn't sound anything like U2.  

The worst rock bands ever can usually be found within three distinct musical genres.  Those genres are nu-metal, grunge and a ghastly disease known as disco.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No but definitely overrated.

• 1 month ago

I don't like them at all, but I'm sure there are even worse bands.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I quite like their music but Bono is a c*nt.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most of their songs suck. Bono is pretentious. His voice is annoying, too.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm not a big fan of them but they are nowhere near the worst rock band ever. I'm sure some death metal band somewhere holds that distinction.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No that would be nickelback, not so much singing as whining

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They have one song I like which I can never remember. But other than that, pretty bad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.