Do I have depression or grieving a loss of friends?

I'm an online gamer and I used to be in the great gaming community. Something happened in the group that caused me to get kicked out. Now I lost almost all the great friends that I enjoy gaming with. I feel very sad and upset about it and I couldn't sleep at all. I take things personally and this kind of stuff bothers me. I just joined a new community and I don't know many people there yet but they do seem very nice

Psychiatrists say that although grief is not the same as depression it can lead to depression. If the sadness persists, it should be regarded as depression and treated as such. I have advice from experts about depression in my recent answers and you're welcome to click on my name and read. 

There's a great book - Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Resources for Mental Health. It's based on polls of more than 3,000 mental health professionals. The book recommended above all for break-ups is How to Survive the Loss of a Love.

If trouble like this is a persistent problem you have, I'll mention that How to Win Friends and Influence People has great advice - a best-seller for generations.

The grieving/missing your friends is actually depression, because losing friends and being alone is lonely and depressing. So you are getting depressed from being lonely and missing your friends! And since you joined a new community and they seem nice that is a GREAT start, just continue to be nice to them and you should be back to new, in no time. Also you still will miss your old friends as that is normal, but with new friends that will help! Good luck, take care, stay safe!