Can you get pregnant during your period? ?

I started my period Sunday night. Early this morning me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. Dumb yeah, but I assumed since I was on my period (there's barely any blood now, but I'm still on it) and plus he pulled out. So he did not go inside of me. We thought about taking a plan B. But the risk seems low. 

I tried googling it, but its always a chance I know of being pregnant in all the answers I find. But he didnt go inside of me. He pulled out. So do you think we will be okay? What's the likelihood of me getting pregnant? 

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It is possible but VERY unlikely.

How did you have sex, if he didn't go INSIDE of you? If he would have went inside yes you can still get pregnant on it, slim but yes. Saying he pulled out but didn't go inside is 2 different things. Pulled out means he was inside and didn't go inside means he didn't penetrate. So which is it? If he pulled out he was still inside and just pulled out dummy!

You will not become pregnant

You can only become pregnant when you have sex close enough to ovulation.

Sperm can live for up to five days and wait for your egg.  Ovulation usually happens ABOUT 14 days BEFORE the next period and the egg only lives about 12 to 24 hours.  When  you are on your period, the previous egg has already died and the next egg won't arrive for several more days.  Most of the time, sex during a period is fairly safe.

HOWEVER - ovulation CAN be early or late during any cycle and you wouldn't know if ovulation will come early or not at the time you have sex.  You COULD ovulate early and if it has been within five days of having sex - pregnancy could happen.  

PULLING OUT IS NOT BIRTH CONTROL.  By the time the guy pulls out - he has already pre-ejaculated.  MEN CAN NOT FEEL THAT HAPPENING AND NEITHER CAN YOU.  The pre-ejaculation CAN contain sperm.  It only takes ONE sperm.

So - can you get pregnant during a period - Yes - but the chances are low.   Ovulation would need to happen early in your cycle.  

No you will not be ok! OMG educate yourself!! You can get pregnant any time during your cycle and pulling out is not even a birth control method! That is the worst myth people who are sexually active can possibly believe. There can easily be sperm in prec*m and it can easily be active. If you cannot be responsible about your sexual activity then you have no business having sex. You are going to end up pregnant and your parents will have to deal with the burden.