Property taxes received to cover next year on home we sold. Do we pay them?

So we sold our home on August 18th, we just today, October 30th, got a San Diego county tax bill for our old home covering the year July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021 and the bill due date is in TWO DAYS. This is our first time receiving this notice for the taxes. Part of the bill is a 1% tax on home net value, along with other county taxes. Do we have to pay these taxes or is the buyer supposed to pay these? Paying for an entire 11 months taxes on a home we don’t own seems a little ridiculous to me, especially since we actually lost money on the sale of the home. Thanks.

the assessment date is July 1- June 30.

It's the real tax bill.It's "due date" is November 1st but the late date is December 10th.

I received my tax bill yesterday and at my rentals, I've been getting them for the past week.

You don't pay any of it.

when you sold your house, the new older paid for August 19 - Dec 9, 2020.

You can call the county assessor and tell them you sold the house and to update the records.  They are easy to get a hold of.

- things are probably delayed because the world is delayed.

• Read through the closing documents. It should have been paid at closing or at least prorated based on what needs to be paid. You won't have to pay for 11 months taxes since you did not live there. Odd that this closed in August and the bill still went to you. Here's a question: How did you get the bill? If you sold the home, you are no longer living there. How did the mail get to you?

Any tax overlap is usually covered at closing.

Check your Statement of Settlement Costs. See if the tax is listed and how it is allocated. If the pro-rated cost of the tax was credited to you at closing, yes, you owe the money. You already got the payment from the buyers.

What did you pay at closing?