Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

I want to have an open marriage, my husband does not. ?

So me and my husband have three children together all under the age of 6 and honestly lately I’ve just been feeling trapped in my marriage. I’m depressed, my husband really doesn’t care and I’m just so unhappy. 

I talked to him about the idea of opening our marriage and he completely shut it down. 

Is divorce then only option at this point? 

• zipper

An open Mar rage, why even bother getting married in the first place?  The whole concept is stupid and anti-marriage to start with, so why go throw the cost and the exspectations if you don't mean it in the first place.  GOOD FOR HIM!

Taking care of three children under the age of 6 is enough to make anyone feel trapped, depressed and unhappy. They have a lot of needs and can wear a person out. Your husband and you BOTH may be suffering because of this. His way of dealing may be to shut down ("not care") but divorce is not the only option. There's counseling, for you alone or both of you as a couple. There are books and websites that might help. Talk to your doctor about the depression and get a physical - there may be other underlying health issues going on. Get your husband a physical too. My husband "really didn't care" for awhile, and it turned out he was suffering from chronic back pain, undiagnosed asthma, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, and severe depression. And there's serious talk. "I love you but I'm unhappy and I think you're unhappy, and something needs to change, for both our sakes and the sake of our children. Are we going to work on this as a team, or not?" 

Sounds like you need to divorce him if you want to spend your time being a thot, riding all those c*ck carousels.

No! You have three beautiful young children! Don't break their hearts! Either you and your husband go through therapy or try to communicate more to see how to boost your sex life with him. Plus open marriage isn't the best thing to do but think about how your children feels when they get older and discover that their parents aren't faithful to each other. Be smart not impulsive.

best divorce him rather than teach your kids that bad  lustful behaviour and give him the kids 

Think about this real hard men. Whatever you do never ever ever get married.

• Good

You need help.  You need counseling.  You may need meds.

If you do not seek professional help you are selfish and only

thinking of yourself.

The idea of an open marriage may seem exciting and all but

the moment he finds a woman tastier than you your attitude

will change in a flash and then you will become very familiar

with the meaning of the word "sorry".

.

I think you should wait until your kids get older. Much older. Or just find a hobby or something that you can be passionate about so you don’t get so depressed. Divorce does a lot of damage to kids.  As an Adult child of divorced parents and now a divorced father myself Seeing the effect it has had on my son, I’m speaking from personal experience with this 

• Strand

It sounds like what you really wanted all along was a divorce. You knew he would shoot down the idea of opening up your marriage and probably hoped it would provoke him in to making the decision for you. You need to take responsibility for your own choices and your own happiness. Start by seeing a therapist before you make any big decisions.

• ?

You might want to try being treated for your depression first. If you don't deal with that, you'll be just as unhappy if you were to divorce.