Used maiden name on new social security card?

I know I’m an idiot and I’m used to writing my maiden name! Anyone know what I should do? I thought about whiting out my last name (maiden) and re signing it, but I feel as if that will not be okay. Also thought of just calling the ss office and asking but it will be a few days before they are open. Thanks in advance!


*recently got married and submitted a name change form to ss office. It was approved and I signed the incorrect name like a nutcase* 

2 Answers

  • T J
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

    Go online and request a new ss card, when you get it, put your legal name on it.

  • Rick
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

    gotta get a new one ........................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.