should i give my cat commercial food or make it myself?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you still having sex with your cat?

• 1 month ago

Give it mice rats fish and birds 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The stuff from the store is already safe and healthy enough for your cat. You don't need to go to all the extra trouble when it's not going to make a bit of difference in the long run. 

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Give it mice rats fish and birds 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Commercial because it should have every nutrients that your cat needs to be healthy. 

If you make it yourself, you might not include nutrients that your cat needs. Or you might give him too much of something.  

You could end up giving him something that’s toxic. Cats aren’t as bad as dogs since there are a lot of stuff that dogs can’t eat but still there are some foods that cats can’t eat that you might not know about. If you’re going to make the food yourself, you have to read the ingredients carefully to make sure there’s nothing toxic in it. With commercial foods, it should be safe for your cat. 

• 1 month ago

Its up to you. A raw diet is the healthiest way to feed a cat but you need to know what you are doing so you feed a balanced diet and its more work. 

A commercial raw or canned diet are great alternatives if you don't want to mess with a homemade raw diet. 

• 1 month ago

It won't make a blind bit of difference apart from you having to fart about making it. Plus you'd be wasting good food on a cat, they eat meat not fit for humans.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make it yourself.

• 1 month ago

Yes.  Whatever works for you is fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.