Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

True or False? Marriage and having kids is not important and unnecessary?

I say true as a 20 something man, I wouldn’t be happy in a marraige nor do I want to share a house or my life with anyone other than myself. I ain’t here on this earth to reproduce and have kids. 

• mokrie

No one would want you anyway.

• Kathy

That is so false......

True. Different people have different priorities, some may highly value marriage and children whereas people like you and I, may not. I am a 29 year old woman and I do not want children because I know I will be an unfit mother. I lack empathy, compassion and am selfish in certain aspects. I would not have what it takes to be a good mother so I don't want to bring a child into this world and potentially give them a bad childhood which can cause problems later in life. Every time I see a baby I want to punch it because I hate children. I do not want to get married because I too would be unhappy. I enjoy being alone. I am short tempered, fussy and irritable which would make me an undesirable wife. I like my personal space and do not want to have shared household responsibility. I want to be able to do what I want, whenever I want in my own house. I casually date men but it only ever lasts less than 4 months because I get sick of people. I hate things staying the same, so i need change (this also applies to my work life. I have never stayed in a position for more than 2 years as I get very bored and angry when everything is the same for a long period of time). I am not a cheater and I am not in relationships just for sex, etc. In fact, I have quite a low sex drive. I just can't commit to things for a long period of time because I feel trapped and obligated, which is why I would never commit myself to something like marriage. I like things the way they are when I am by myself. I do not want that to change. I also have a dog who I adore so i'm not completely alone. I hang out with lots of friends, some who are married. So I am not completely isolated and I am very social. I am just too stubborn to change my private lifestyle and living habits for someone else.