Anonymous

why do so many Americans not care anything about other countries? especially Europe where many come from?

Favorite Answer

Most people here seem to have tunnel vision.

If one has everything they think they want they don't look elsewhere.

I know of plenty of people here that have never left the country and have no intent on doing so - completely CLUELESS that there are higher highs out there overseas than what we've got here... which is obnoxiousness, indulgence, disorder, mischief, and a very, very soft court system.

I like the way things are done in other countries.

I even find Canada vastly different and one doesn't have to cross a body of water to get there. 

Because every day life in America is stressful enough zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Why should I care about other countries? It's not our responsibility to solve each problem every country is facing.

Because they’ve been told they live in the greatest country on Earth. 

Americans have their own problems, they won't get anything from caring about other countries. 

I guess it’s just lack of education and lack of exposure to the wider world. They’ve probably never tried to learn another language and they’ve probably never tried to go to another country. It’s also helpful if you have a family member who relocated to another country, then you can go and visit them. Not everybody has that but I was fortunate enough to have it

Americans come from.....................America, unless they are immigrants. And not a lot of them are coming from Europe for quite a while. 

The US is 4% of the population of the planet. About the entire population of the EU or there about. 

That does not excuse the average American's lack of interest in other nations, but it does give a partial reason for it. 

I read news sources from a variety of sources from every continent, daily. It seems that the leading story or one of them on each source is US based content. My question is why do the other countries pay so much attention to the US when they have plenty going on at home? 

As a side note, I find most of those sources actually report US news events better and more objectively than US sources themselves. 

• Cici

Many of us do though.

oh please, we have military bases established in many european countries and help them out like they are family

There are about 195 countries on Earth.......Am i supposed to care about all of them? If not, which ones should i care about, and why?