Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Would you find it worse to be a prisoner or homeless for the rest of your life ?

I would find it worse to be a prisoner, yes they have a roof above their heads, beds, food, clothes, shower and free medical care but they don’t have one thing, freedom. I can’t imagine being stuck in a cell and same place for the rest of my life, it would drive me crazy. As a homeless person you have at least freedom, you can go wherever you want, live wherever you want and do whatever you want. You can get food in shelters or secretly steal food if you can. You can shower in public showers or at the gym showers. You have your own clothes and sleeping bag or tent. You can have a happy life with other homeless people and unite with them, most homeless people stick together while prisoners stab each other and never have true friendships. 

If it was that bad being homeless then most homeless people would commit crimes to go in prison. 

• Gonzo

I'd rather be homeless because in prison you are surrounded by a bunch of black people. 

I've been both. 

Neither is good. 

As a prisoner, they feed you regularly, sort of. 

Medical problems are not dealt with immediately or in any timely way. 

Mentally ill, confined maniacs are among everybody else. 

Being homeless means no regular lodging and no related costs or land taxes or public utilities to worry about. 

Bad weather is a big concern. 

I've had a vehicle. 

I have money. 

Police bother me if I sit in one place (even a public place) too long, but I am free to move around. 

If you have a medical problem, and can get yourself to a hospital, they will help you. 

If you are a totally useless person, then being confined is better for you and everybody else. 

By the way, I have no alcohol, tobacco or drug dependency.

Homelessness is a form of Prison, but at least it's one that you can escape from, with the right kind of help.  Some people seem to enjoy Prison, others go mental at the thought of being locked up.

I don't like both.

what'

s the difference?

• donnie

Prisoner prob.              

If prisoner can be equated with married, then my vote would be for married - that would be worse.  I'd love to be homeless and traveling the state parks, picking berries and hanging out by other people's campfires at night.

Have you ever been homeless? By the sounds of it, nope. So shut up talking about how easy it is compared to being banged up because I’ve been in both situations. Homelessness may be better during the day but at night? At least in my cell there aren’t a whole bunch of threats that’ll cost me my life. 

"yes they have a roof above their heads, beds, food, clothes, shower and free medical care"

You also forgot free sex. Most homeless and prisoners are crackheads. Don't feel sorry for them