Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

I wish I could redo life so bad.... why can't i?

same here i messed up bad in my life. :( i hope we both get a do over.

• Doug

You can't redo life, but you can be forgiven of all your sins (past, present, and future) through simple faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior (Acts 10:43).

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

The past stays unchanged. There's nothing you can do to undo it.

If you redid your life, would you still post anonymously? If you say 'no I wouldn't' and turn off your anonymity, I'll tell you why you can't do it.

• EddieJ

You can't redo your life because you are too attached to the anonymous avatar of shame.