how often do you draw?

i don't draw enough, i have a lot of time, but zero motivation to draw anything.

• D1218

Lots. One of my favorite things to do and that keeps me content.

i barely can draw stick people...

Before the Coronavirus hit, I thought that due to school and work, I just didn't have the time to sit down and draw. 

Now I'm drawing nearly everyday. 

I also have motivation problems :( I'm a studio art major but I don't draw everyday like I used to even though I have so much free time despite my classes. I used to beat myself up about it A LOT. But since last year I've been slowly learning that it's ok if I don't constantly draw.

Nowadays I draw like 4 days a week? Or 3 days. I try not to go full weeks without drawing. It's hard to stay motivated but I usually just put on music like those long a*ss studio ghibli soundtrack videos on youtube, and I just chill until I feel like drawing. Also I usually draw super late at night.

You got this :) Draw when you feel like it! Whenever inspiration hits. Since you're drawing for yourself it doesn't matter how much you do it or when.

I draw 24/7 all the time! seriously I have three 5 subject notebooks full with my drawings since I was 8.

Only technical drawing these days.  It comes and goes in waves depending on the work I have in.  Sometimes it's all I do for over a week and sometimes a few months go by without doing any.  I've lost my zest for any other kind of drawing.  I don't know if it'll ever come back.

• Win

You could get motivated to do drawing.

I cant draw but since I use PrismDraw I can.

www.prismdraw.ie 

At least three or four online sessions a week at the moment, either life drawing or portrait drawing.

I don't draw enough either to be honest. When I was in University, I drew every day because I could/had to/had time. I'm finding it more difficult now even though I want to make a career out of it. But I draw better in social situations and the current state of things isn't very conducive to that. Though I do find watching art streams helps.

If you are looking for advice, I would say to schedule time for yourself to do it, say 20mins or so, each day. Plan to do it at a specific time regardless of how you are feeling about it. Sketch an object or a figure that interests you or a character you like and use a medium you already like. If its erasable, challenge yourself not to erase anything - if you absolutely can't stand a thing you drew, let yourself start on another picture without erasing the old one. If you start to feel the flow, draw longer than 20mins. If not, you can feel accomplished knowing you got one step closer to establishing a positive pattern of behaviour with drawing, even if you don't like what you drew. This can help a lot if you stick to it. I will say also, if you can, use something you can't erase, try to make sure there are no distractions (electronics aside from maybe music at most) that could supplement the reward you get from doing art, and put your schedule in writing/set an alarm.

• Dv8s

I draw at least a few times a week.  I'm not good at it, but every once in a while, I will surprise myself.  Perhaps if you remind yourself that practice makes perfect, it will be the motivation that you need to be great.