Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastEgypt · 3 months ago

Me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Egypt after COVID. As a white man and woman, are we going to face racism by the locals?

Me and my girlfriend will both stand out there becouse of our skin color, and travelling to a third world country begs the question if we should be prepared for any kind of harassment or discrimination by the egyptians.

Nope you won’t. They love tourists and accommodate for them hugely. It’s Dubai you have to worry about and not for the racism but the laws! 

umm nope. there is no way you will face racism as you are a white  foreign. It's quite the opposite, the thing is, you don't know that the discrimination is for your side, not the other locals. harassments might happen as Egypt is commonly known for this case, and this might happen no matter what your race is. Visit the places where it is known for tourism, not the sh***y neighborhoods.

• ?

No, quite the opposite. You're gonna feel welcomed.

The black americans  are the problem  claiming   the pharoahs  as their own when the black  americans came  from  west Africa not north Africa   and insulting  the egyptians   and i don't  live in Egypt  though its where my  father came from

Certainly not you are most welcomed

Source(s): I am Egyptian

Egypt is a huge tourist destination. I doubt they'll even give you a second look.

• ?

I thumb-up Vela, but Egyptians love Americans and NEED tourism. A lot of racism ends at the USA borders, be they Canadian, Mexican, or one of the oceans. Good ol' home-grown American racism.

• Vela

put a Canada or UK patch on your backpacks.  Trump made most of the world hate Americans, again