Howcan i upgrade my vehicle?

I have a honda crv 2011 se.. my mom mobile lol..  I want to get it better rpms and hp but not a car guy and need help.    


To be more specific..  my vehicle  idles a little  high 2000rpms and wondering what could I do to better the efficiency.. and how I would beable to get different air filters or how to supercharge it

6 Answers

  • PMack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    2000 RPM is not a little high - that's more than double what it should be. You should fix what is wrong with it, then leave it alone. A ten year old CRV is not a good candidate for performance upgrades, supercharging it (if there is a kit available) will probably kill the transmission. Don't spend money hot rodding an old car, save your money and next time buy something that meets your performance desires from the factory - a CX-5 turbo for example. 

  • 2 months ago

    That's a nice vehicle. Before you do anything, you need to make sure the engine is running right. If you're experiencing rough idle, have you had your valves adjusted? They are supposed to be inspected/adjusted every 30,000 miles. 

    As for supercharging, Jackson racing used to make a Supercharger for the Gen1 CR-V. However, it was only available for the 1997-98 CR-Vs. those had the B20B with 126hp; whereas the 1999-2001 models had the 146hp B20Z. due to the higher compression of the B20Z, it is not advised. 

    You might want to look into a VTEC head swap. This swap is also called the "Frankenstein swap" or "LSVTEC swap" due to CR-V engine essentially being an Integra LS engine with a slightly larger displacement. It won't be cheap and not just any engine builder can do it right. If it's done correctly, you will love the reward, but if it's done wrong, it will be a nightmare.  You will need to find a builder that knows how to do this head swap. They would've have done lots of them and mastered it through trial and error.

    To go with forced induction, you will want to build the engine to handle the added pressure from a turbo- or supercharger. Personally, I'd keep it stock if it's in great shape. Good luck.

    Update: I'm an idiot. You said 2011, not 2001. 2011s used the Honda K24 engine, which is used in the Accord and TSX. There's a lot you can do to those...forced induction ( turbo or supercharging), custom intake/exhaust, suspension mods.  It's not the best looking for mods, but throw the factory rear spoiler and some wheels) and it would look nice.

  • CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Don't waste your money - just drive it - it will never be anything but an SUV. All you will be doing is putting lipstick on a pig - still a pig. Fix the idle problem but that would be my only suggestion - learn how to do your basic maintenance items (change engine oil and filter, air filter, rotate tires etc) save tons of money. 

    Save your money so in a few years you can get the car you really want - just let this one be your transportation only.

  • lj1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Your engine should idle at around 800 RPM's, not 2000. The high idle could be caused by a few things, the most common of them being a dirty/malfunctioning mass air flow sensor. Cleaning it is fairly simple. You can buy a can of mass air flow sensor cleaner for about $4 at Walmart. Using anything else could ruin the sensor. Watch a couple of videos on YouTube that show how to clean the MAF sensor on a CR-V. If that doesn't fix the high idle, have a mechanic diagnose it. 

    If your goal is to have a faster car, just trade in your CR-V for something else. Don't try to modify it. You'll end up being in way over your head, and spending more than the car is worth. 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    RPM's is revolutions per minute.  I don't understand how you would "get better RPMs".  The relationship between engine RPM and the drive train is determined by the gear ratio through the transmission.  It would be impractical to change the transmission to get different gear ratio's.

    The HP is determined by the cylinder displacement of the engine.  It would be impractical to change the engine or engine compression.  You might be able to turbocharge the engine or use a different fuel to affect HP., However, it would seem impractical.

    Sounds like you should look for a different car.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Rims, get it lowered and put in a loud exhaust.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.