Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 months ago

Do I need an Optima battery if the only thing I need running is my dashcam, head unit and no amplifier?

I'm tempted to buy those really expensive batteries to see if they will make any difference at all in terms of fuel economy and overall engine performance.  

I did see a car with dancing lights whenever the bass dropped, would that happen to be because he had the standard 12V battery? 

Favorite Answer

The battery the car come from the factory with is just fine and it is not an Optima. Changing to an Optima battery will not improve vehicle performance or economy.

Optima batteries are garbage. Go ask any auto repair shop, we're replacing them after a year of use.

• arther

the battery isn't going to effect  fuel economy and overall engine performance. Why do you think a battery is going to effect of those?

i 100% agree with first answer ..zero difference to fuel use and performance 

Car batteries have no effect whatsoever on fuel economy or performance. However high CCA batteries are much better for starting, especially in very cold weather. High amp hour batteries have a longer duration of course. Haven't you posted a battery question before? Don't repeat or you will get reported.