Why do people choose a failed ideology like conservatism?

Worldwide, those who hold to conservatism are linear thinkers who tend to seek authoritarianism.  They desire a"leader" whom they can follow, as they lack the self-confidence to lead themselves.  They won't question authority, rather obeying as a show of "loyalty."  They may even be quite intelligent.  Of the 24 leading Nazis tried at Nuremberg post WWII, all were of above-average I.Q.'s.  Five would have qualified to be MENSA members.    

"My Clone ..." accepts conservatism because he doesn't realise its fallacies.  History shows conservative gov'ts. tend to greatly increase public debt by giving a tax break now that must be paid plus interest in the future.  The 3 most-indebted world countries - Japan, Greece & the U.S., got into their predicaments by such policies.   

Aww... poow widdow "T.D." fruitboy troll hates it that I defined him & his fellow fellatists to a "T".  That' the way it goes, limp-wrist.  

Because low skill low iq people are afraid change because they can’t envision the future and are afraid of being left  behind 

• Because I like having more of my money I earned vs democrat's dipping into my 

money.  

Because that's what most of US history looked like and US became the largest economy and military power by far over that history...

• ?

You mean where they are free to destroy the property of innocent individuals and s hit on sidewalks? Oh wait...that’s what liberalism allows. 

• ?

It's not failed. It very effectively bolsters white supremacy.