how do you get rid of a headache?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I drink room temp water and put up the içe cream.

• 2 months ago

Pour a BC powder as far back in the back of your throat as you can without swallowing it, don’t breathe at all and don’t drink through a straw (bc it will send air up before the liquid) and start downing a drink. I can do it with water bc I’m good at it by now and I don’t mind the flavor anymore. But do it just DONT BREATH OR DRINK FROM A STRAW or the powder will go down your throat and you will cough and that won’t be a fun experience. Just pour it back there, don’t move, don’t breath and just start chugging something you like the flavor of. Don’t stop chugging. Then stop. If it doesn’t feel like it’s all down, keep chugging. The more you do it the easier it will get. 10 min later OR LESS your headache will be gone! You will love it so much you’ll become a champ on your own as long as your not scared off by a lemony tarte taste in your mouth just incase you don’t chug enough and have to taste the bc powder. Be a champ! :)

Source(s): My own experience.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

neck massage ....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I personally take ibuprofen to get rid of headaches. However, taking this frequently can cause reoccurring headaches, so if possible it's best to get rid of it via other methods. This can include sleeping it off, drinking water, putting a ice pack on the area that hurts, or a hot pad depending on your headache... It's fine to take ibuprofen but if you constantly get headaches, probably best not to keep taking it. And also to see a doctor if they're constant just to be safe. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Misty, try aspirin.................

• 2 months ago

MSM or eat garlic

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are different ways to get rid of a headache:-

- try having a drink first, especially if you're hot and have been sweating. Being dehydrated can cause a headache, because the body retaining water can cause the brain to pull away from the inside of the skull, which can cause pain. Having an occasional electrolyte drink can help by replacing the potassium and salt lost through perspiration.

- get plenty of rest if the headache is a result of being ill, like having the flu.

- if you're stressed, find a way to relax. Being stressed can trigger a headache.

- try to eat regular meals and snacks, even if you don't feel like it. Having low blood sugar levels can cause a headache before you realize you're hungry.

- exercise when you can.

- avoid alcohol. Drinking alcohol can cause and worsen headaches, typically from dehydration, especially if you end up with a hangover.

- don't do things which strain your eyes, like reading in the dark, sitting too close to a TV or staring at a computer screen for too long.

- rub a dab of BenGay cream into your forehead, temples and the back of your neck. The heat from the cream gently soothes the pain.

- use two teabags in one cup of water, and let brew for 20 minutes. Drinking some very strong tea can help relieve a migrane.

- drink a couple of cups of coffee. This acts as a vasoconstrictor, reducing the swelling of blood vessels which cause headaches.

- boil 3 cups of water, pour into a ceramic teapot and ad one teaspoon of ground basil. Cover and let it sit for 30 minutes, then strain the mixture through a coffee filter and drink, sweetened with a little syrup.

- apply an ice pack to your head. If you don't have one, a bag of frozen food - like a bag of frozen peas - will work just as well.

- if your headache doesn't go away after a day or two, see a doctor for help.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Joey Green's Amazing Kitchen Cures (book).
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

ignore  it … soon  will  disappear.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I usually take two Paracetamols.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A lot of headaches are cause by a buildup of tension.  The best thing for this is intense primal scream therapy.  I find after a couple hours, the headache is always gone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.