Strawberry asked in HealthOptical · 3 months ago

How old do I have to be to schedule an optometrist appointment?

Recently I have been having problems with my left eye. Whenever I look at electronics for a few hours it becomes painful. I'm only 15 and since I have a lot of online school this has become a big problem. My mom just makes fun of me and my dad doesn't do anything so I have to do something myself. I am thinking that I should just get an eyepatch but if there is something more going on I want to know. I want to book an appointment but I don't know if I am old enough. If you don't know can you recommend where I could get an eyepatch? Anything and everything is helpful. Thank you

Update:

I am still on my parent's insurance because I am a minor.

Update 2:

Yo, went to the optometrist and they gave me an eyepatch and I look like a gay pirate

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

As a minor, you cannot be examined or treated without your parent's consent. And you're also not able to authorize using that insurance. Gotta have a parent with you.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Do not wear an eye patch. It is most probably just a bit of strain.

Limit your time on screens.

• 3 months ago

Unfortunately at 15 you can’t be seen without a parent. Don’t patch your eye. That can be dangerous 

• 3 months ago

The question is do you have insurance and the money to pay for what insurance doesn't?  A simple eye exam will tell you what you need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If you know what insurance you have for eye care, you can book it yourself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.