Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 3 months ago

Sometimes my computer monitor won't display an image when I turn on my PC, what is probably wrong with it?

The PC comes on but the monitor though turned on remains blank, and I have to usually reset the PC to get an image on the screen. 

Graphics is the problem. Or it's incorrectly set in the Setup Utility. If you have off-board graphics (card), make sure it's not connected to the one on the motherboard. That is a pretty common mistake, as it gets DISABLED once you pop in a graphics card.

• keerok

Test the monitor on another PC. If the monitor works fine, the problem is the graphics card on the PC. If not, it's the monitor.

sounds like you have an issue with the graphics in the computer, not with the monitor -- solution is to replace the graphics card and/or the drivers for it

• ?

Things could try is change monitor cord and try it. Reset your ram. Turn off pc and unplug it and hold in power button for 10 seconds then plug back in and power on. Try reset the bios by immediately tapping f8 constantly when reboot pc.  Hope one these works