Zeke asked in Business & FinanceTaxesCanada · 2 months ago

Do you have to report rental earnings on the EI biweekly report?

Is there any other money that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report?

EI Earnings Chart:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/earn...

" Self–employment other than farmingSelf-employment earnings (gross income less operating expenses, other than capital expenditures) from services performedYes

35(10)(c)Allocated to week or weeks in which the services were performed

36(6)Self-employed earnings from a transaction (gross income less operating expenses, other than capital expenditures) that are greater than the maximum yearly insurable earnings divided by 52 ($1042 in 2020)Yes

35(10)(c)Allocated to the week or weeks in which the work was performed that gave rise to the transaction (you must let Service Canada know when the work was performed that gave rise to the transaction)

36(6.1)(a)Self-employed earnings from a transaction (gross income less operating expenses, other than capital expenditures) that are less than or equal to the maximum yearly insurable earnings divided by 52 ($1042 in 2020)Yes

It defines earnings as gross income minus operating expenses. So this should only be your cashflow on the rental property, I think (not an expert, this is my first time ever on EI, and I could be wrong). So if you are operating the property at a loss, it sounds like you shouldn't have to declare anything, but if you have a positive cashflow, you would have to report just the cashflow.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.