Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 2 months ago

How does the caveman theory mesh with the out of africa theory?

Please don't split hairs over the word theory. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Funny how the oldest caves occupied by humans are in AFRICA. LOLOL

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

People who had left Africa or their descendants found shelter in caves> I saw a programme on TV a year or two ago, where people, somewhere in rural China were still living in caves and I'm sure that is not the only place. Also, nomadic peoples might have sheltered in caves during the winter months.

• 2 months ago

What "caveman theory"?  There were several migrations out of Africa, the most recent one was after the Toba catastrophe.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_the...

• 2 months ago

I assume you mean "out-of-Africa" as the step in human evolution as documented by DNA.    If yes, then the only "caveman" that meshes are the ones that lived in caves located in Cape Hope that some theorize were the first humans. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I never heard of the "caveman theory". Please elaborate.

Scientific theories are explanations that provide insight into how or why certain aspects of nature are as they are. Scientific theories must also be able to make predictions about what should be found in further investigation.

As for the out of Africa theory, it is based on a significant amount of genetic and fossil evidence. According to that theory, groups of modern-type humans left Africa several tens of thousands of years ago and spread out through the rest of the world. Some of those peoples obviously used caves for shelter, but that does not rate being a theory.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Out of the Ark theory says after disembarking the people settled around Babel then after their languages were confused family group dispersed, some seeking shelter in caves for protection from the environment.

Even today many people live in caves; it's the norm at Coober Pedy, Australia.

• 2 months ago

Um...without any difficulty whatsoever?

If you think there's an issue here, you should explain what it is. We can't read minds.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Humans left Africa and traveled to colder climates where they needed to seek shelter in caves to survive.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.