Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 2 months ago

Is it rude to make children believe in Santa?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, i believe it is. when they get older they'll wonder why you had to lie about something so stupid. and it can be heartbreaking. no thanks. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not rude but cruel. You tell a kid a man brings him presents every year only to later tell them it's all made up for fun. The kid then feels like his best friend died! That's cruel. It's mean and only the Christians could have come up with something so cruel. You all are so mean cruel. I hate all of you and your SUN GOD Queen Elizabeth!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No Children make their own Choices later in Life Christmas and Santa is Fun

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well,Santa Claus is the symbol of Christmas joy to give presents. 

This figure is based off on St Nikolaus, who actually lived in Low Countries and would handle gifts to people (especially to the poorest ones) .

So, he technically existed.

However, i suggest you to tell him directly so, instead of letting him believe in a man who comes by the chimney. 

He would be very upset once he finds out the truth, so why telling him a falsehood?

Besides, nowadays ' children are much more disenchanted anyways than children of 20 years ago. 

@Christian: it is exactly the reason why i think it is not fair

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do you think its rude to make a kid belive the earth is flat? Or that women are worth less than men? Or any other possible lie someone might tell their brats, then yes its rude to make the twerps belive in a fat fairytale dude.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i don't think so. they are still young let them believe in santa and live in the moment. i think it's rude to tell them santa isn't real if they believe in santa

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. How is it rude? It’s good to have fun with your kids

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, Christmas is ruined when you finally realize Santa ain’t real.

The only other way to ruin it is if a kid woke up and went downstairs in the middle of the night and saw an alleged Santa Claus..........

• 2 months ago

No.  Not rude at all.  It's fun and special.

• 2 months ago

No, it's part of the magic of Christmas. Once you find out Santa isn't real, Christmas is never the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.