Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Why does J K Rowling hate trannies?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Why should her opinion of transsexuals or transgenders be of any interest to anybody? She writes books, not laws, so it's not as though her opinions directly affect other people. She's a human being and she's entitled to her own personal beliefs. We're going down the wrong path as a society. Actors, athletes, authors, these people aren't supposed to be role models. Why do we expect them to adhere to some sort of standard? Nobody cares how the butcher, the baker or the candlestick maker might happen to feel about it, so why get all worked up about what a writer thinks? Also, Rowling never slagged off transsexuals or transgendered people. She simply said that she can understand why some people are uncomfortable with humans who are biologically male being granted access to areas that are strictly reserved for humans who are biologically female. She didn't refer to them as "trannies" for example, which is a good thing because the backlash probably would have been a lot worse if she had. 

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because of sexual assault she herself was a victim of as a child.

If you really want to know why she made the comments she did, here are the reasons in her own words;

https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j-k-rowling-wri...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She doesn't.  You should read what she wrote and not what people claim that she wrote.  There's merit it going directly to the source, reading it over with an open mind and taking some time to digest the point she was making.  You may still disagree with her and may think that she's got it wrong but I'd be very surprised if you came away under the impression that she has hate in her heart.

For some context, the day before her now infamous twitter thread an FGM survivor and campaigner to end this barbaric practice was accused by a transactivist of "weaponizing her trauma against" "against" transwomen.  A bunch of the transactivist's supporters also piled on the thread blindly, I honestly don't think they gave two hoots about the context because a good pile on is a good pile on.  It was so bizarre because Anti-FGM campaigners were only concerned with stopping FGM, something that transwomen never needed to fear happening to them as little boys. It literally doesn't concern them - at all.   As it happens anti-FGM is one of the many causes JK Rowling supports and she's a rl friend of the campaigner, so she saw the thread and instead of seeing red and piling on she went away to gather her thoughts on why sex and gender are not the same and sometimes sex is extremely relevant no matter how one presents one's gender.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She doesn't - and she never said that.

Read Andrew's answer, which just about covers it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I hadn't heard that was what she was saying at all. She took exception to the absurd definition people who menstruate, and I don't blame her - postmenopausal people are still women. Trying to close somebody down for their opinion, whether you agree with it or not, especially one that is not in anyway intended to be hateful, is just censorship.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Might be because some of the transsexuals she has been around were psychologically abnormal. 

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't think that's the case at all.  She is just sick of hearing that no one can have any opinion except what the trans community wants them to have, as many people feel.   She is entitled to her opinion and this cancel culture nonsense pisses everyone off.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.