Do these sentences have the same meaning?

I'm going to buy that rug on the open market. It appears to be good because it can be rolled up so it’s practical to carry anywhere.

.

.....

.

I will buy that mat on the open market. It must be good because it can be rolled up so it’s practical to leave anywhere

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Not really because one is about transport (carry anywhere) whereas the other is about storage (leave anywhere).

'Going to buy' tells me you are definitely going to get the rug.

'I will buy' tells me you plan on it, but aren't definitely going to as of yet.

Not quite. The first sentence only implies you are intending to buy the mat, the second sentence indicates that you definitely will buy it. But there are issues with carry and leave too. In the first sentence you indicate that you can transport it anywhere; in the second you discuss leaving anywhere. So perhaps you should alter sentence A to read: "I 'm going to buy that mat on the open market. It must be good because it can be rolled up, making it practical to carry and leave anywhere."