What are the best diabetic tablets?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no such thing I'm afraid.   Would that it was that easy.   Most diabetics (Type 2) are started on Metformin (but that doesn't suit all either), moving on to more and different medication depending on the need.   And that's usually based on regular HbA1c tests.  This is a progressive disease so it can .... progress.   After letting things slip since my last bloods, my reading has soared from 79 last time to 95 this time.   Yoiks, much as I haven't been watching my sugar intake because I'm depressed - and even more depressed now.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The best tablets are the ones your doctor prescribes based on your specific case of diabetes.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is not a certain "best" tablet.

Many things are considered about  YOUR health and YOUR exact condition before a "best" tablet is determined for YOUR treatment.

What works great for one person might not work at all for another person.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Cyanide, your diabetes will go away immediately!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Depends on the person. 

Are they insulin resistant? 

Are they overweight or underweight with a thyroid condition? 

Do they also need insulin? 

Are they able to get any exercise over and above, walking to their bed or bathroom? 

Are they a brittle diabetic? 

Do they have the ability to adjust their current diet, if they need to? 

Do they Want to adjust their diet? 

There is no one BEST medication for diabetes, because there are no one size fits all treatments for all diabetics. If there were, there would only be a very few medications and treatments available. 

• Audrey
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Metformin.                    

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.