Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

What are the signs for diabetes?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

early frequent urination increased thirst  hunger and fatigue  dry mouth itchy skin  blurred vision

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

By the time you have the signs of diabetes - you are diabetic.

The most common signs are excessive thirst and urination.  The body tries to reduce blood sugar levels by passing it out through the urine.  This is the cause of excessive urination.  Now, since the body is peeing more - you become thirsty more because the body is using more fluids to try to remove the sugar.  Waking up several times during the night to pee would be a certain sign that there is a problem.

Another common sign is being tired.  Feeling fatigue is a symptom because the body is not correctly processing carbohydrates into energy.  This leaves the person feeling tired.  

High blood sugar levels can also cause vision issues.  The excess sugar levels can cause some swelling in the lens of the eye and it changes vision - usually causing blurry vision.

These are the most common early symptoms.

Going to a doctor for an annual check-up and annual blood work may catch issues with pre-diabetes BEFORE you ever reach a point of actually noticing symptoms.  

One other problem with the symptoms for diabetes is that other health issues can cause similar issues.  When in doubt - go to the doctor for a check up to make sure of your exact diagnosis.   

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are none. Ask your doctor and do bloodwork. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

For me, it was extreme thirst. Once at a restaurant, I asked for a refill on my ice tea while teh waitress was still serving drinks to the rest of the table

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.