Why Toyota dealership asking for phone bill?

hello,

So recently I purchased a toyota vehicle on a zero percent financing. When I was doing the paperwork the finance department guy asked me to send my phone bill to his email address. At first I ignored but then after few days he sent an email  asking for my phone bill. What's the reason??

Thanks in advance!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

When we were doing the paperwork the finance department guy asked us to send our phone bill to his email address. Why Toyota dealership asking for phone

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A lot of places want a phone or utility bill to show you have existing accounts

• car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe to give you a credit on your financing bill.   They want proof you live in the area.    But ask them to be sure. 

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

yes and , why should they give you a car you might not afford to repay , just them checking you out ..i would do the same on a zero percent loan ..anyway it would have your adress on it ..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Phone bill would show a physical address.  Not a cell phone number.  They just own a phone and are otherwise a hobo.  They want to be able to chase after you should you default on your payments. IS MY GUESS.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why? Because they need to know your monthly expenses. They will not approve the loan if your disposable income after expenses and taxes are deducted is too low. Phone charges are part of your monthly expenses.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A utility bill in your name 'proves' you live at that address. Standard procedure for credit checks.

• 2 months ago

If he didn't ask for your rivers license when you applied for the loan it's to verify your address.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why? Because they need to know your monthly expenses. They will not approve the loan if your disposable income after expenses and taxes are deducted is too low. Phone charges are part of your monthly expenses. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

tell him to piss off? Don't borrow money off a finance company would be my advice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.