Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Do you honk at tailgaters?

• 1 week ago

No.....I don't.

Pissing off someone in another car is a stupid way to die.  Stay away from crazy shits that get crazy/

Honking is for vehicles in front of you, not behind you.  Someone behind you might not even notice.

If someone tailgates me, I usually just ignore them.  I usually exceed the speed limit just enough to (hopefully) not get noticed by cops, but I'm not concerned if someone wants to ride my back bumper.  If they really get annoying (and for some reason it's always BMW when they do), I slow down just to cheese them off.  I don't brake, I just ease off the throttle until they either back off or go around me.

If I am doing the posted speed limit and a tailgater starts being an *** than I slow down to anoy them.

• F

For some reason I never get tailgaters.

• ?

I move to the right to let them pass. 

No, I just ignore them.

• Anton

No.  It is illegal to use the horn to honk at tailgaters.

Only when I am driving backwards in front of them, otherwise honking at the cars in front of me is kinda pointless.