Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Why do Vegans deny Ethically raised meat to be a thing?

There's a reason you can get grass fed high quality organic free range animal products. Its because they're raised very well treated with the best care and love and fed the right foods. 

No medications given like antibiotics, de-wormer meds etc. Which is why I don't feel guilty anymore eating it as I did with supermarket meats. I can eat a steak without feeling like I'm responsible. 

You do realise the death of the animals in factory and farmed are done differently? Farmed animals do not die in stress or fear or anxiety. 

They don't not even feel anything whatsoever because its a quick bolt in the head. Factory animals are treated opposite. So why do you still shame the meat location regardless?? 

• kswck2

Vegans are WAY too SAnctimonious. 

It’s the killing which is truly inhumane to them zxjqfpvw

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Just because you do something FOR someone doesn`t mean you get to do something TO them. Numpty.

• Unfortunately they tend to be rather rigid in their thinking. Doesn't mean they're right but like everyone they have the right to express their views.  No need to feel guilt.  Enjoy it and don't waste.

• Janet

Yes, there is a lack of logic in vegans rejecting ethically raised and slaughtered animals. Which suggests that their attachment to veganism is NOT about the animals themselves, but MORE about wanting to see themselves as some all-caring wonderful person.

Take away their "cause" and then they are just a poor slob like the rest of us. 

We humans inject a lot of extraneous needs into our attitudes that have little to do with the actual attitude.

Firstly, I am NOT vegan, more vegetarian than anything but I still do eat animal products.

Having said that, I am going to tell you that you are totally missing the point regarding the ethics of the issue.You can treat an animal absolutely wonderfully, with all the bells and whistles you speak about, but even so, in the end, that animal has NO CHOICE but to die to keep you fed. IT. HAS. TO. LOSE. IT'S. LIFE. If that animal could speak, do you think it would agree to this? No. Nothing ever wants to die. But~it has no choice in the matter. And that is where one of the biggest issues lay for a person who changed over to a vegan lifestyle. When we, as humans can get equal sustainance eating a plant based diet, without harming other life, then there is no reason to eat meat. There is no reason to force another animal to die. Simple as that.

• ?

I prefer meat to be killed at home on the farm.One minute the cow is eating hay oblivious to what's to come, the next  instant it's on the ground dead after receiving a bullet in the middle of the forehead.

Vegans don't condone it happening like this, but I'm of the opinion that it's the lesser of the two killing evils compared to commercial slaughterhouses

Vegans are just a tiny but very vocal minority. Here in GB, around 90% of the population eat at least some meat and/or fish. Most of the minority who don't are lacto-ovo vegetarians. Veg[etari]anism is becoming more popular with young people of college/university age, but many if not most revert to a normal diet after graduation. 

The claim that veg[etari]ans live longer is false, as is the idea that veg[etari]ans are less likely to suffer from weight gain and obesity. Sugar, not meat is the no1 source of excess calories.

because vegans can do and think as they please, no one else cares.

• ?

There is no compromise with a true vegan, They are part of a strict puritanical cult. .You can do nothing to placate them unless you adhere to very strict guidelines and bend over backwards to please them. Even vegetarians are bound for "vegan hell". No step you make in their direction is good enough or even acknowledged as a step in the "right direction". Conform completely or you are the enemy. 

I recently saw an article about lab-grown meat. Vegans were outraged that a cow would die to feed millions of people. These people are crazy! 

They value lesser life forms above us, yet they never question swatting a mosquito, killing a roach, stepping on an ant. They never question cooking or eating things like onions or potatoes that are still alive and growing.

I asked vegans once of it was okay to eat an animal I accidently ran over. They screeched for a bit before getting the question banned.

.