Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

Would you believe this?

Wife has a male friend she’s had for 14 years they met at work and worked together 6 years and have continued their friendship outside of work. they are close and act almost like they are dating.

Anyways, she says they are friends who just get along very well, she likes him and they have good chemistry.

Now, at one point they volunteered together at a homeless shelter, well, he no longer Volunteers there, hasn’t in two years, but he recently went by to see her and I saw his Facebook posts the next week saying “thank you for the birthday wishes” 

It was his birthday ! He came to see her like 3 days before his birthday and when I asked her about it she looked surprised and said she had no idea it was his birthday? She says when her birthday comes around he doesn’t say anything either and that he also came by to visit another friend of his that was there too.

How likely is it that he goes almost on his birthday and that they’ve known each other 13 years and she says she didn’t know it was his birthday ? 

• ?

I have had friends for 50-60 years and have no idea when their birthday comes but I think females are better at keeping up with birthdates. I kinda wonder how he knows she still volunteers there, you know? She got a c phone, if so, maybe you should be checking her call logs.

Story does seem kinda fishy but possibly truthful too zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

It could be very likely or a little likely or not at all likely. 

I don't see how answering your question is going to help you. 

• ?

If your wife is the type who remembers everyone's birthday and is always the first to mention it then maybe that would be weird. But if she's like most people and has to stop and think about when even her partner's and parents' birthdays are this wouldn't be strange at all. 

You don't say how long you've been married, if it is 14 years then I'd think you would know HIS birthday. If it's not long, you're in for a wakeup call. It is not OK for a married person to carry on with a person of the opposite sex (outside of the marriage-ie: circle of friends being you,her and him, all of you together). They shouldn't be texting, calling, meeting up, etc. if you are not included. That's called respect. If she can't be respectful to you with her friendship with him, and you all can't be friends, then he's got to go. If not, you do. that's such BS.

• T J

She is so full of it, I can smell it her on the east coast. There is more than friends here.

After 14 years of friendship, sure, it'd seem like she'd know but if he doesn't make a big deal of birthdays in general, then no, I don't see what the issue is. 

• Robert

How likely is it that if they were having an affair he would post a face book message indicating he visited her and or/others there.   Unless she does something over the top, I don't think it's something to worry about.   I have female friends I have known for many years.  We don't see each other on any regular basis, but if we run into each other we always stop and spend some time together, sometimes even a lunch.   They have their families, I have mine, and no one seems to think much of it.  It's all innocent 

I would say hire a PI but even if they obtain evidence of her having an affair it won't help you in court.  She will still get the house, car, half of everything you worked hard for as well as half of everything that you earn in the future.  For men marriage is a sham.