I have a toshiba satellite I locked my self out .can’t remember pass word Can you help me. ?

You can use Offline NT as a bootable USB or CD. Takes just a few minutes to remove the password.

As for those who say, what if the asker stole the laptop. Well that's not for me to decide. My info is clearly available on the internet if the asker just googled it instead. There is no harm in letting someone know this information as it's Microsofts problem for allowing people to believe that a password is required to get into a system when a very easy work around is available.

• Lv 7

if you can't remember your password, you should write them down and keep them somewhere safe.

you now are stuck taking it to a computer repair shop, where you need to prove it is yours.

and why do you even have a password on it if you don't want to take the time to know it? just set one up withoutva password and be happy!

Do you have your data backed up?

Is this your Windows login password you are talking about?

If the answer is yes to both, you can re-install Windows from a USB key, and it will overwrite the drive with a fresh copy of Windows.  Then you reload your apps and data and you are good to go.

This will probably take about 2-4 hours.  You don't have to sit there the entire time.

maybe toshiba support can help with that, BUT, frankly, I doubt they'd be willing unless you can produce original sales receipt.  This is exactly the sort of thing thieves try to do ...

• David

Is it a BIOS password lockout or windows Password? if a BIOS password lockout you need to take it to a dealer. If a windows password then there are ways to remove the password if you search the internet.

We get lots of requests for lost passwords, basically you are asking us to tell you how to hack into a protected computer. The computer could be stolen for all we know.

Take the computer with proof of ownership to a workshop and they should be able to remove the password, or alternatively reinstall the operating system from your recovery disks.

If we posted any method of bypassing/resetting a password over the internet on a public forum, any thief or hacker would think Christmas came early

• !

Well, I can, but I wont. 

There are tools to reset the password or change it. I believe it's called system rescue CD. Can make a USB bootable disk out of it. It's GNU/Linux-based (and maybe you should switch out windows for that, because obviously it'll run better and doesn't crash and burn the way windows is designed to do).