Marc asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Is the petrol engine future in a museum?

2030 Petrol and Diesel engines will be banned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-549...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

No they will be driven for at least 100 years

there is no way i will stop driving my Restored 1964 220 Sb Mercedes Benz

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes. 

Right next to the steam engine.

• ?
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

No.  Smelted is the best prospect,

in my estimate.  Pre-smelt rending 

will sort out the vehicle content.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not for at least another 200 years.  Look, the horse and carriage is still around and in museums, so is the hay wagon in both places. So is the dog sled and the early electric cars.  If the museum is big enough(most are not) but they can fit in pictures of the Coal carrying Electra hauls that are huge trucks used in mining TODAY. Battery powered a long time already.  Way before Elon was a sparkle in his daddy's eye. Fully computer controlled...too.    EM is just using the tech that ALREADY EXISTS and put it into a car.  Someday he may invent something, but right now he is basically Edison(a grifter). (there is no way he has the intelligence of a "Nickola Tesla"-the inventor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  Nobody is banning gasoline engines.  Electric cars do not have the torque to do the work or the distance.  Can't be used in trucks.  Can't be used heavy equiqment.  Can't be used in trains.  Can't be used in aircraft.  Can't be used in boats and ships.  Electric cars are just an expensive and arrogant way to try and prove you're better and smarter than everyone else.  Fail.  Do you people in the UK every think for yourself?  Or do you wait for your betters to tell you what to think?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, never. 

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Really? No one has thought this through.

Where is all the electricity coming from?

How are they going to replace tax from fuel?

How are people going to charge electric cars? Most people don’t have off road parking. Are we going to see extension leads across every pavement ?

I see hybrids are still allowed. My guess is cars will still be petrol ( I think diesels will be banned by then), but with a token electric motor to make it a hybrid.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Perhaps one day but not in 10 years time...

• Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Petrol/diesel engines will NOT be banned. 

Learn how to read.  They will stop making NEW vehicles. 

The older cars will still be on the road, for many decades. 

Even if fossil fuels are gone we will have alcohol and vegetable oils.

• 2 months ago

yes ..in 30 years i doubt if any are running on a regular basis ..for a start ..where you going to buy petrol?  and at what price per litre ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.