Temporary tags ?

I’ve seen a lot of drivers In NYC drive with New Jersey temporary tag, and I’m sure none of them bought a car from New Jersey so I was wondering how do I get one? And if I do, does it come with registration? Do I need insurance with it as well? I’m not sure how this things work, could someone please explain to me how this temp tag process works and if it’s legit or not. Can the police take you to jail if your caught with them? 

No one is going to explain to you how to break the law, although any number of people did when you posted your car title scam.

You need auto insurance in NY and NJ and just about everywhere else.  "Temporary tags" are on vehicles insured by dealers.

Oh, yes, the Police can take you and everyone who advised you to jail.

• ?

You seem to be proposing that we here tell you how to break the law.  Go ahead....Make my day!

Oh and when you are in that little cell, say hello to Bubba for me.

Instead of taking that risk, why don't you just give me your money?

I'd bet they all bought them in Jersey bonehead. 

You are so clueless it would take the rest of the evening to give you an answer - google is your friend.